HOW TO EAT HEALTHIER WHILE SHEDDING PANDEMIC WEIGHT
Embrace your unique wellness journey and forgive yourself […] focus on fueling your body for today and your future…
Shedding additional unwanted weight can seem like a grudging undertaking for many. Whether it’s your reaction to the stresses of the world or pandemic weight gain, it’s happened to us all.
The good news is that implementing healthier habits can be effortlessly done. All that it requires is incorporating and replacing behaviors with your day-to-day routines. The addition of simple techniques can shift one’s mindset and jumpstart your efforts. But how do we begin without depriving ourselves?
Informed by top celebrity trainers and nutritionists, the editors at SLHLifestyle have included our top tips for establishing more healthful habits that you can seamlessly incorporate into your lifestyle starting today.
HEALTHY HABITS START WITH MENTALITY
Reshape your mentality by shifting your mindset from weight loss to creating a healthier lifestyle. Then focus on fueling your body for today and your future, and by doing so, trust that the weight loss will follow. Embrace your unique wellness journey and forgive yourself; healthy habits are a series of choices you will make in one day and the following days. Create a sleep routine and allocate time for personal wellness to reduce stress and cortisol levels, leading to increased appetite and weight gain.
FOCUS ON THE NUMBERS THAT MATTER
It’s easy to get caught up in the numbers; we focus on vanity sizing, the numbers on the scale, and our age. But weight looks different for everyone. Instead, let’s focus on some numbers that matter; 2 is the number of pounds for healthy weekly weight loss. 500 is the number of calories that can be easily omitted per day through consumption or physical activity. Finally, 3,500 is the number of calories required to lose the equivalent of one pound. If we reduce 500 calories per day x 7 days through healthy moderation, consumption, and incorporating preferred physical activity, we can effortlessly eliminate one pound a week.
Reduce stress levels by creating a sleep routine and incorporate more physical activity into your lifestyle by embracing fitness activities you can tolerate and enjoy.
HEALTHFUL TIPS FROM THE PROS
After consulting with our go-to celebrity trainers and nutritionists, these are the top recommended healthy habits to integrate into your day-to-day seamlessly.
1. Incorporate more fiber into your diet through high fiber foods like fruits, veggies, nuts, and whole grains. Not only is fiber lacking in most of our diets, but soluble fiber may help to lose weight by increasing fullness and reducing calorie intake.
2. Include a high protein diet of meat, fish, eggs, and beans to reduce belly fat, support nutrients for weight management, and retain muscle mass.
3. Not a fan of your daily greens? Try incorporating vegetables in a smoothie, pressed juice, or salad. The key is to focus on how you can tolerate it and amplify that.
4. Increase your water consumption and hydrate. It leaves you feeling fuller longer so that you can resist any unwanted cravings. Not sure how much water you should be drinking? Take your weight and divide that by 2 this gives you the number of oz of your daily H2O. Remember, intake is through water, carbonated, coffee, or tea.
5. Focus on wellness first thing with a morning detox. When we start each day with an activity that supports our health, we make better decisions throughout the day.
6. Reduce stress levels by creating a sleep routine and incorporate more physical activity into your lifestyle by embracing fitness activities you can tolerate and enjoy.
7. Reduce sugar intake, avoid trans fats, and limit alcohol consumption or sweetened beverages to reduce the addition of unnecessary sugars and hydrogenated fat.
8. Consider your carb intake, or replace refined carbs with whole grains, legumes, or vegetables to improve your metabolic health.
9. Get your gut in check by eating probiotic foods or using a probiotic supplement to improve gut health and immune functions.
Our 5-Step Guide for Healthfully Habits
1. JUMPSTART YOUR METABOLISM
Incorporate hot water with lemon for a natural morning detox.
2. MINDFUL TRACKING
Document intake and fitness to cut calories without deprivation.
3. FOCUS ON FIBER
Increase natural fiber from fruits, vegetables, & whole grains.
4. INVEST IN YOUR LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET
Instead, fuel your body with nutrition for your future.
5. RECHARGE YOUR EFFORTS.
Structure sleep routines to reduce stress.